Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Summer of 2010; Oil On My Wings

The Summer is moving fast! As an Indie artist and musician, I am busy with composing music in my spare time to balancing the duties as a father and husband while working full time at my day job. In order to find time to compose and record, I've got to wake up earlier than the rest of my family, and before work, or isolate myself in my home-made recording studio. I am always seeking to improve my musicianship, whether it be to practice my instruments, sing, record, or self-promote my music. There is so much to do and so little time. The trick is to doing the things that are most effective and yield the best results. This picture is the cover art to a song is the latest by Bandgard, entitled 'Oil on my Wings.' By now we've all seen the pictures of the birds in the Gulf of Mexico due to the BP oil spill. If those birds could speak, what would they say? We probably know exactly what they'd say, and it wouldn't be nice. However, there is hope for some of them returning to the wild and flying yet again. This song is about them. It's a simple song that I recorded at about 5:30 in the morning. Hence, my scragily voice. No, actually I added that effect later to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment